So you think you might have a fake Clarisonic…?
You have most likely bought your Clarisonic from eBay or another online store.
Here are some indications that your Clarisonic is a knock off.
- Misalignment of the horizontal brackets ((S)) above and below the ‘S’ on the Clarisonic logo.
- Remnants of plastic inside or around the holes where the red or green lights are.
- Lack of ‘Clarisonic’ branding on the brush covers
- Lack of documentation in the box
- Plastic prongs on the inside of the device, instead of proper metal ones.
- The Clarisonic does not function as it should, perhaps does not beep, has no ‘Timer’ or never fully charges.
- Fake brushes are still soft, but some are described as bristly, or sometimes rough.
- Lack of proper seals on the skincare products.
- The skincare products have no smell / the skin refiner has no ‘beads’. (Do not use these products, they could contain ANYTHING!)
- The Clarisonic is not giving you results/ your face is not squeaky clean after using.
There is also a possibility that your Clarisonic is not fake, but has been reconditioned, or fixed, with new but fake brush heads attached.
Here are some indictions that the Clarisonic is not new.
- Marks where the device has been opened at the sides.
- Scratches, or dirt anywhere on the device.
- The brush heads are hard to remove or put on.
- You were able to register the product on the clarisonic.com website
- The Clarisonic never fully charges and runs out after a single use.
- It does not function correctly/ seems faulty / will not turn off.
So if you have many of these indications, my advice to you is, if you can, try to get a refund, this will normally mean you must send the product back.
Another option is to call the Clarisonic customer care: 1-888-525-2747 (US) to see if they can help you. I have not had much luck with this, as they suggest you send the Clarisonic to them for testing, but there is no way to be sure you will get it fixed/ replaced as you do not hold the original receipt, and they will not replace a fake.
If you are unable to get a refund, you can report the shop or seller that you bought the product from. Then at least you can stop this from happening to other people.
It is really disheartening to be sold a fake product of any kind, you feel let down and betrayed. You have given these people your hard earned cash and they have given you a possibly faulty, ethically questionable product.
The best thing you can do is use it to clean your toes/polish your shoes/clean your keyboard and move on, learn from the mistake, save up and buy a proper, brand spanking new, uber warantee’d, genuine Clarisonic from here.